Community Support Counseling Program
The Community Support Counselling Program provides services for individuals, children and families. This program offers support on topics including separation or divorce, anger management, grief and loss, attachment parenting, communication strategies, anxiety, depression, self-esteem and empowerment, and advocacy in relation to community resources and connections.
Other areas of this program also focus on
- Crisis intervention
- Illness or health issues
- Changes in employment
- Feelings of fear and isolation
- Coping strategies for stress
- Domestic violence
- Historical trauma
- Referrals to appropriate services
Referral Process/ Volunteering
Self-referral, or from another agency. Cases are taken on and evaluated based on the topic of concern and also the severity.
Your participation with Shuswap Family Resource and Referral Society will be kept confidential. No material or information will be saved or released without your consent except under the following conditions:
- The child, family, and community services act requires that we report to the Ministry for Child and Family Development any disclosure of a child under 19 who is at risk for abuse or neglect.
- If you share information which indicates a threat to yourself or others, the Agency staff will take the necessary action to ensure your safety and/or the safety of others.
- The Counsellors are bound by law to provide information in the following situations:
- Subpoenaed to appear in court
- Issued a police search warrant
- Subpoenaed by a coroner’s enquiry
- My Counsellor will participate in internal consultation and supervision including file review.
If you are interested in booking an appointment, please walk in and fill out a referral form or call 250-832-2170.