Legal Advocacy Program
The Shuswap Family Centre’s Legal Advocacy Program provides free information, summary advice, referrals, and legal representation to the residents of the Shuswap who are struggling accessing other legal resources.
- To provide access to legal information and resources within the Shuswap area;
- To help people understand the legal difficulties they are facing; and
- To help people feel supported as they navigate their legal problems.
This program provides service in the areas of:
- Income Security (e.g. Disability benefits, CPP, CPPD, and EI);
- Residential Tenancy (e.g. Tenancy disputes and Housing applications);
- Employment standards; and
- Seniors Advocacy.
Call, drop in or email at email@example.com to book an appointment with an advocate
Advocates are in the office:
Monday – Thursday 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Friday 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
Please note this program does not employ lawyers or deal with civil, criminal, or family court.
This program is funded by The Law Foundation of British Columbia