The Family Development Program
The Family Development Program offers services to support families in the Salmon Arm and surrounding areas. Participants accessing services are referred by the Ministry for Children and Family Development.
Offering Service in 3 Areas
- One to One Support
- Parents and caregivers are offered the opportunity to access parenting support and build their skills tool box through weekly one to one meetings with a Family Support Worker.
- Supervised Visitation Program
- This program offers parents with limited access to their children, an opportunity to meet with them in a safe, friendly and neutral environment.
- Supported Supervised Visitation Program
- The Visitation Supervisor meets with parents for a weekly Parent Education Session. These weekly sessions focus on building and increasing the participants parenting skills. Basic topics such as child safety, health, nutrition, child development and building the attachment relationship is covered during the course of the one to one weekly Parent Education Session. Parents are then provided an opportunity to demonstrate their learning from the Parent Education Session at a subsequent supervised visit.